Hello Everyone! I hope your weekend has been fun. Ours has been overcast, drizzly, and rainy. Perfect for sewing!
I had a pretty busy week last week, lots of sewing, but some writing, too.
Before Christmas, I made some of the samples for Jacquelynne Steves Art of Home Club for this month. This is a peak at one of the hoop art embroideries that I made.
I also made an apron using one of this month’s designs on the pocket. I finished up the tutorial for that this past week and will post it on the 20th when the club projects are released. Jacquelynne currently has the club open for new members, so go here to see what it’s all about and sign up.
I also cut my fabric for the Winterville Snowflake blocks for the Instagram quilt along I’m hosting, #tqnwintervilleqal2018.
Don’t forget to send me pictures of your finished blocks if you’re not following on IG. I’ll post them here.
The week before, I finished my last Moda Blockheads block, Block 48!
This week, I cut the sashing and trimmed all the blocks.
The picture on the right is going to be my layout. I still need to cut the corner stones and setting triangles, but I hope to start sewing the sashing to the blocks this week.
I finally finished quilting my son’s quilt on Friday (yeah) and made the binding yesterday. I hope to get it sewn on later today.
I don’t think I have mentioned this before, but I’m going to be teaching a workshop for my quilt guild next Monday on “almost invisible machine applique.” I have been busy working on the class notes and projects for that. For one of the projects, I remade my Wonky Hearts applique.
I love this fabric by Sandy Gervais called Love You for Moda. I plan to make a pillow after the workshop.
And since there have been hearts everywhere on Instagram the past few weeks, I took a break and used the Love You layer cake and Project Red by Sweetwater for Moda layer cake
to make some more hearts!
I turned these hearts into this cute table mat.
I made all the pieces from 10″ squares, so the sashing is pieced, too. The Love You layer cake had two pieces of each fabric so I was able to make the binding, too.
I kept the quilting simple so the fabrics could shine and used a preset stitch on my machine to quilt it. My hearts are rectangle, not square. I made several test blocks to get the look that I wanted.
My square test block ended up as a coaster. I added some batting and backing, put the block right sides together with the backing, sewed a 1/4″ seam and turned. It can’t get any easier than that!
That’s it for now. I think this will be another busy week. I need to finish my workshop notes and make the snowflake blocks. I also will be sewing binding on Jake’s quilt. The quilt measures 83″ x 95″. I think it will take some time, I’m pretty slow when it comes to sewing on binding.
Hope you have a great week ahead. Thanks for stopping by.