Hello Everyone! Welcome to WIP Wednesday! Today I have a fully finished object (FFO) to share with you along with my works in progress, plus a few new plans.
Let’s start with the finish.
Dorothy Mae’s Spring House is finished. This is a lovely little design by Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting and Stitching. This is just one of the freebie designs that Melisa so generously shares with us. She has a whole series of houses that I would like to stitch. I changed the red flowers to lighter pink flowers to make it more springy. I don’t have much in the way of spring decorations as I said earlier. I substituted one of the browns and the green because I didn’t have the DMC she called for. I stitched it on 36 ct Winter Moon, 2 over 2. My stitched size finishes at 4″ x 4″.
I kept the little pillow very simple because I didn’t have any suitable trim for it. If I find something, I can always add it. I sewed around all four sides, then cut a hole in the back and stuffed it with fiber fill. I applied Heat n Bond Lite to a piece of wool and applied it over the hole, then added a quick running stitch around the edge to make sure it would stay on.
Right now, I don’t have anywhere to display this piece in my living area, so I’m going to leave it in this basket with my other small pillows. There’s a little of everything here and after pulling a few fall pillows out, it looks nice and spring like. I started the Pink House last Monday and finished this Monday, for 8 stitching days. You can see a lot more of Melisa’s stitching on Instagram, @pinkernpunkinquilting.
I’m still plugging away at Scenic Farm! I’m surprised I haven’t gotten tired of this, but I haven’t. This week I stitched most of the second tree bark and got most of the background leaves in. After the leaves are finished, I get to start on the buildings. That will be fun, but a tad slower since they are full crosses. I did use the four strands called for in this set of leaves. If you recall, I stitched the first set with only 2, then had to add a third. I hope it won’t be that noticeable, but I’m afraid if I go over the others again, I’ll end up losing some of the rust color because that’s only one strand and the other strands are darker.
If I had time in the morning, I picked up Salute to Abigail by Blackbird Designs and put a strand or two of thread into it.
I made some decent progress that way, and made it to the end of the top border. But when I started stitching some of those last letters, I noticed they weren’t lining up with the border. Ugg! I was hoping the problem was in the letters somewhere, but nope!
It was in the border! It was already wrong when I picked this back up to stitch. If I had noticed it right away, I would have had about 10 stitches to pick out, now I have to frog everything I stitched in the border since starting on it again. I thought about leaving it, but then I’d have to fudge the border on the side and bottom, and decided that would be too much to think about. Oh well.
If you are on Instagram or follow some Flosstubers, you might have seen that @elizabethanncanstitch and @bumblestitches are hosting a #projectbagalong using one of Lori Holt’s block patterns. I have two of Lori’s book and have chosen two blocks from Farm Girl Vintage to use.
The first one is the Canning Season block using Bonnie and Camille Fabrics. I will only be making three of the jars using the light aqua dot and white heart print with the flower print as the contrast. One of those three fabrics in the middle will be the background for the jars.
I chose Old Glory for another bag because I thought it would be quick and easy to make. I haven’t pulled the fabrics yet, but I’ll go through my patriotic fabrics and I’m sure I can find something nice. I plan to make these bags in the next few days.
I want to leave you with this beautiful sunrise from Tuesday morning. I took this about 6:45 from the pool parking lot. Such a nice way to start the day. I hope you all have a great rest of your week and thanks for stopping by.