Hello Everyone and welcome to Works In Progress Wednesday. I hope you all are having a good and productive week. It’s been back to normal this week after staying home last week because of the snow, ice and cold. I did get a lot done though.
Before I show my pictures, I have to apologize because nothing is pressed this week. I was using the iron on Monday and it just stopped heating. I just bought it late last summer, too. I went for a less expensive iron this time and used it for both quilting and clothes. I bought the same one I had before, but never thought it got hot enough for pressing seams. After I finish writing this post, I’ll start searching again for a new iron. I think I’ll go ahead and get a better one for quilting and less expensive one for clothes, that way I won’t put water into my quilting iron. My only thoughts about buying any electronic device or appliance now is how well it’s been made during the stresses of the past two years. I can only hope for the best.
Now onto the stitching.
We’ll start with Winter Rose Manor. I finished the outline stitching on the basket and the rest of the roof. Stitching the white was tough. It is hard to see it while stitching with one strand on the 36 ct fabric. If I were to use two strands, I think it would be easier. I got tired of stitching the big blocks of color, so I started on the stems coming out of the basket. I’ll continue to add two or three strands in the morning and it will get done.
I started Seasons of the Heart-Winter by The Blue Flower after I finished Prairie Schooler December. It’s stitched on 40 ct Stone from Fiber on a Whim, with DMC. The fabric has been easy to stitch on. Now I wish I had a picture of PS December to show you, but I started fully finishing it and is not in a picture taking state. I should have it fully finished by next week.
As I told you before, I’m stitching Birds and Berries on Sunday only. I didn’t get as much done this Sunday as the last one. I finished another branch, added berries and started on the cardinal’s tail. With all the color changes, I do have to pay more attention to it. At least most strands of thread are one color instead of blended.
My plans this month included working on Cinnamon Stars for two days. I spent this past Saturday, stitching over what I had previously stitched (except the tan color in the center of the house) with another strand of floss and finished filling in the roof and the white behind the stones on the left side with two strands. I started out stitching with 1strand over 2 on 36 ct linen but was not happy with the coverage.
This where I left it at the end of September after I had started stitching over the previous stitching on the right side.
Here it is without any over stitching. I really don’t care for the fabric to show through the stitching. I am much happier with the way the first picture looks than this one. The only part I did not over stitch is the tan color in the house. The floss color is close enough to the fabric color that I didn’t think it needed it. There are some pretty fall colors in this piece and I will be happier with a bolder look.
As I said at the beginning of this post, we stayed home all last week, but by Sunday we were ready to get out. We took a nice drive on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains between Paris and Markham on a back country road. It was so nice to get out for just a little while and soak in the pretty mountains.
This was the view as we were returning home!
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!