Hello Everyone! Can you believe only 10 more days until Christmas? I hope you are further along than I am. My house is decorated and looks pretty, but not a present is wrapped yet so under the tree is bare. I plan on getting my wrapping done in the next few days and spending some time fully finishing some cross stitch pieces.
Speaking of finishes, here is Jack Frost’s Tree Farm in my new vignette of a Christmas Tree Forest. I have a small Department 56 Christmas in the City collection. The far left Christmas tree is part of it and so is the Christmas Tree Farm pieces. I purchased the white tree in Williamsburg years ago and the two small trees on the left are vintage salt and pepper shakers.
I knew a long time ago that I wanted to find a way to use Jack’s Farm and the Dept. 56 pieces together. This is one of my favorite areas this Christmas.
I’ve been working on four WIPs this past week and hope to finish two of them before Christmas.
First up is Home for Christmas by Plum Street Samplers. I spent the car ride to and from Williamsburg over the weekend filling in the house. That was a good use of the car ride. This is one that I hope to finish.
I also got a little more stitching done on Prairie Schooler’s Happy Christmas. I’m stitching it on 18 ct Aida using the called for colors except the red. I switched to DMC 3777. I’m sure this one will not be finished, but at least it’s started and I plan on working on it throughout next year to get it finished before next Christmas.
I’ve made some good progress on A Cardinal’s Carol by Misty of Luminous Fiber Arts. I’m stitching it on White 32 ct Zwiegert linen and I’ve changed a few of the colors. The bells in Misty’s piece are gold, but I like Silver Bells and the accent in the middle is B5200.The reds on the bow are the called for, but I changed the red border to DMC 115 so I didn’t use up my more expensive hand-dyed floss. The green is Weeks Emerald. I think it’s going to be really pretty and this is the other one I want to have finished.
I joined in the Hands On Design Cookie Exchange Mystery SAL but haven’t progressed very far. I bought the pattern and I believe it is only available through December 15 on Cathy’s website. I’m stitching it on 32 ct Slate from Hand Dyed by Stephanie. I’ve stitched on black Aida and a charcoal Lugana without problems, but I am having a tough time seeing the holes on this one so it’s very slow going. I’ve thought about giving up on it, but I think it will be really cute when it’s finished. Check out the link above to see the whole piece finished.
I have one more thing to share before I leave you for today…
My brother-in-law asked if I could make a pillow from a sweatshirt that his mother gave him with his dog Cheddar’s name on it, who have both passed on. I said sure! I have never worked with a sweatshirt before (plenty of T-shirts) and it went together quickly and easily if you are looking for a quick gift for someone. I did use Pellon PF101 on the back of the sweatshirt for stabilization. I made the back using a homespun cotton and an envelope style opening to insert a pillow form (16″ x 12″). He wanted me to use the front label if I could, but I couldn’t find a good way to use it on the pillow. I had a small block sign that I used and finished it like a cross stitch piece using a mat board, stitching tape and glue. I wrapped a piece of twill tape around the edge to cover the gap between the mat board and the block. Now he can set it on his desk.
That’s it for me today. I’ll have a few more things coming up soon. Have a great rest of your week and thanks for stopping by.