Hello Everyone! Welcome to Works In Progress Wednesday.
First though, I have this picture to share of the sunset a few nights ago when there were thunderstorms a little north of us. Beautiful.
I spent Sunday and Monday fully finishing three pieces. I completely finished two of them, and am almost finished with the third that I’ll save until it’s complete.
The first one is Spring Time by Crocette a gogo. I only did a small portion of the chart and left off the cats under the trees and the hearts hanging from the trees. I just wanted a nice little pink house for spring and I thought this was perfect. I stitched it on 36 ct. Sparrow by Luminous Fiber Arts using most of the called for DMC.
I had a scrap of this Minki Kim fabric and thought it was perfect for the back of my pink house. I usually use fiber fill for my little pillows, but I wanted this one to have a little weight to it. I used crushed walnut shells and did not overstuff it so it’s a little squishy.
I added my little Spring Time pillow to the basket of spring pillows. You can see how small it is compared to the other pillows, which are around 4 1/2″ square. I’m going to post a picture on Instagram with Nicola at @bumblestitches for her stitch along, #pocketfullofposiessal. It’s a stitch along during April for any design with flowers.
I also finished another spring piece, the small in Bloom Chalk Full by Hands On Design and Priscilla Blain. I stitched it on 16 ct. black Aida with all the called for threads. Of the six charts I have in the series, I’ve now stitched 5 of the smalls (only one of the jars, but one day I’ll get to them).
For the finish, I used two mat boards covered with batting. To get the oval shape, I made a template by measuring the rectangle size I wanted, drawing it on paper, then using a circle template to curve the ends. I used paper scissors to cut the mat board, then an emery board to smooth the edges. I treated it like a round finish by using a running stitch around the edge of the entire stitched piece and pulling the thread over the back of the mat board. I attached the finish to a small wood sign that I picked up a year or so ago.
It looks pretty in my kitchen window! Another one for the #pocketfulofposiessal.
Remember last week, I told you that I wasn’t happy with the floss coverage for the Green Spring Saltbox because I was stitching 1 over 1 on 36 ct? Well I went back over what I had already stitched with another single thread and now I am much happier with the result. The design is a freebie by Melisa, Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching.
I spent my morning stitching time this past week working on Salute to Abigail instead of Scenic Farm. I think I made good progress on it. I finished the right hand corner and then moved to the left side. I stitched the bird and flag then started on the left border. I am afraid I might run out of the red, CCW Cupid, so I’m leaving the berries until end. If I have too, I can use a DMC equivalent because most of the berries are either the darker or lighter red, not blend into one or the other.
I went back to Scenic Farm on Monday morning, but have only put in a few strands of the sky. I’ll show progress on it next time. I think that’s it for now. I hope you all have a great rest of your week and thanks for stopping by.