Hello Everyone. I’ve decided to join in the 2017 Finish-A-Long for Quarter 1. I did not participate during last year’s final quarter because I had so much going on. I would like to join in again this year because it is an incentive to get things finished. First though, I would like to remind you about Jacquelynne Steve’s Art of Home Club. Today (January 14) is the last day to sign up, the next available openings will be this summer.
This is a sneak peek of a project I’ve been working on for an upcoming project for the club. The projects are very charming and you can use them as pillows, table runners, or quilts. There is lots of versatility in the design layouts. Check it out at Jacquelynne’s website and sign up today.
Now onto my list of finishes:
1. Jake’s Disappearing 4-patch. The 56 blocks are finished and I have the T-shirts for the appliques I want to use on it. The blocks need to be pieced and quilted.
2. A T-shirt quilt that I’m making for a friend’s daughter. It is also a commissioned quilt. The T-shirts and interfacing are cut, so the final sizing of the T-shirts needs be done, then pieced and quilted. I’ve already done the design layout, so it should go together quickly.
3. Blocks on the Go for Quilts that Grow from The New Hexagon by Katja Marek. I just finished number 52. Yeah!! Now I need to sew them together (by machine) and quilt them (by machine). I think over 50% of these have been made while we traveled during the past year.
4. Camper Wall Hanging. The campers are from a panel that I bought as a kit. It just needs to be quilted and bound. I may use this as my January Minis and More project, which is to finish a WIP or UFO.
5. May’s “a year in the garden” stitchery by Jenny of Elefantz. I finished 7 of the monthly embroideries last year and want to finish the rest this year, before the month they are for arrives.
5. June’s “a year in the garden” stitchery.
6 and 7. Minis and More for February and March. I don’t know if these will count this year, but I added them last year. They are mostly mini projects hosted by Sherri and Michele each month and I plan to continue to make them.
I am linking up to Rhondas Ramblings. The FAL is international and there are multiple hosts. You can find all the information and rules on Rhonda’s blog. The hosts also offer tutorials for different things each quarter and there are many prizes given away. I won a gift certificate from Green Fairy Quilts last year.