Hello everyone, happy Friday. If you are looking for Maggie’s First Dance Free BOM, Block 2, you’ll find my embroidered and hand appliqued version here. Don’t forget to leave me a comment on that post by 11:59 PM on July 11 for your chance to win a great prize from Thermoweb, makers of Heat and Bond, valued at $60. Then come back here to see my 2016 FAL 3rd quarter list.
If you’re participating in the Finish-A-Long, it’s time to get your list of projects together. I’m going to link my list up at Rhonda’s Ramblings. If you haven’t participated before, check it out and consider joining. You have until July 16 to link your list. This is a great way to encourage us to get our projects completed!
Third Quarter FAL Projects
- Jake’s Quilt – Disappearing 4-patch in gold and black for the Fighting Owls of Kennesaw State University. He graduated in May and keeps asking where his quilt is.
- July’s Minis and More hosted by Michele and Sherri. The pattern is Linked by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life. It is the mini makeover of Sherri’s larger quilt published in Quilts and More Summer 2016. We chose our own pattern this month.
- July Stitchery Mini Quilt by Jenny of Elefantz’s “A year in the Garden”
- August Stitchery Mini Quilt by Jenny of Elefantz’s “A year in the Garden”
- September Stitchery Mini Quilt by Jenny of Elefantz’s “A year in the Garden”
- Frivols No. 2, Faithful by Moda. Fabric is by Minick and Simpson.
- Everyday Skirt by Liesl + CO
- Top, Colette Patterns 1007
- Basket Weave Quilt by Amy Smart. The pattern is exclusive to her Craftsy Class, Pre-cut Short Cuts. I’m going to make it out of Valley Fabrics for Moda by Sherri and Cheslsi.
- Not Pictured – August Minis and More, TBD by Sherri and Michele
- Not Pictured – September Minis and More, TBD by Sherri and Michele
This should keep me busy. Now I’d like to show you what I finished for the 2nd Quarter. You can find my list here.
I finished 9 out of 12 things on my list. Scroll over each picture for its name. Plus I completed 2 each of Maggie’s First Dance Free BOM, Blocks 1 and 2, by Jacquelynne Steves, and 6 Blocks on the Go for Quilts that Grow from the New Hexagon by Katja Marik.
I have gotten behind on the Blocks on the Go and the A Year in the Garden stitcheries. I haven’t even started May’s or June’s stitcheries, but I would like to get the current months finished so I can display them. I’m hoping to catch up on hand work next week as we travel and have a couple of long car days.
I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.