A Finish and Something New

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter.  It was a dreary morning here, but the rain held off until after church which was good. My daugher, Emily, sent this photo she took on Easter evening in Pensacola.

Processed with VSCOcam with p5 preset

Beautiful. She really has an eye for capturing nature’s beauty.

I spent most of my quilting time over the weekend planning for a new project. I’ll be able to give you more details later in the week, but this is some of the fabric I plan on using.

IMG_0811.JPG

I’m testing out some of the border layout for the quilt. The fabric is from the Bright Sun collection by Sherri and Chelsi of aquiltinglife for Moda. I love this line and have several things I want to make with it. I had to order a little more yardage to make this quilt.

At the end of last week, I finished the backing and basting of the T-shirt quilt.

IMG_0804

The backing is a soft brushed cotton. Next time, I’ll tell you the manufacturer.  It’s going to be the biggest quilt I’ve free motion quilted. I’m still thinking of a design, but plan on practicing several tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today, I finished March’s Mini Mini for “A year in the Garden” by Jenny of Elefantz.

IMG_0821

I used two strands of DMC floss for the embroidery. The border is from Bonnie and Camille’s Vintage Picnic for Moda.

IMG_0818

Here it is on the stand attached to the background quilt. I hope I can get April’s finished in a more timely fashion.

I am also continuing on my hand quilting. I’m making progress, but it will not be finished for this quarters 2016 Finish-A-Long. Thanks for stopping by.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in A Year in the Garden Embroidery, embroidery, Stitchery and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to A Finish and Something New

  1. Beautiful shot by your daughter – love the quilt too!

    Like

  2. Lydia S says:

    She does have an eye, I enjoyed using my cards made from her photos. Love the March YITG. I actually did some hand work this weekend. Finished my Mother in law’s wall hanging, and completed the charity baby blanket-hand sewing the binding this week. Wanted to have both of these done by April 1, and looks like I’ll make it. Now it’s time to pack up all the sewing except for the hexagons until probably mid-June!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s